Case of the Monday's..

Do you ever get the case of the Monday's? They seem easier to catch during the summer months, wouldn't you agree? I am experiencing a serious kick in the butt though, because these next couple weeks are going to be non-stop crazy busy for me... starting right now!

This week is finals week for my classes and I need to [try to] finish everything by Thursday (actual due dates are Sunday, though). Since I'm damn near professional at procrastinating and that is not an option this week, I'm going to have to kick this serious case of the Mondays! As bad as I procrastinate, I'm surprisingly productive, so this isn't an unrealistic goal. Let's think positive.

My sweet cousin and her family fly in to O'ahu tomorrow--she is getting married on Saturday, and I'm hoping to hop on a flight Friday sometime. I can't wait to see her -- she is going to be a gorgeous bride!!


Thursday is one of my sister-friend's (Karyn) precious birthday, and the plan is to gather the troops and rally a fun BBQ, either at the beach or at the house. Come one, come all, it's the end of the summer BBQ call!!



My other sister-friend (Leah) is supposed to be flying in Thursday evening, and I'm thinking she's going to give me an excuse to wear this lil number...


There's a 50/50 chance we stay home and eat ice cream and brownies though. We're loads of fun. Out of control.

This Friday happens to be the last Friday of the August and do you know what that means? Yup! Eat The Streets. The Kaka'ako neighborhood is spicing things up... from 4PM - 9PM, and if I'm on O'ahu -- I'll be there!

Regardless of when I fly to Oahu, I will return to Maui on Sunday to prepare for my short week. Did you know it's a holiday weekend? Labor Day Weekend to be exact. I don't care where you are, it's going to be a sh!tshow everywhere. On Thursday the Canoe Clubs are loading up necessities and flying to the Big Island for the 40th Annual Queen Liliuokalani Canoe Races... 18 mile Ironman baby! The ladies kick off the event with a non-stop 18 mile race from Kailua Bay to Honauau, then the men race the boats back the 18 miles from Honaunau to Kailua Bay! Awards ceremony and torchlight parade party post races/sunset -- it's a wonderful event canoe clubs from all over are lucky to be part of.  





Labor Day weekend doesn't just include an amazing long distance race here in the islands, but it is also the kick off for College football and my boyfriend's birthday!! Auburn is hosting the first game in the Tiger's Den that weekend, thus most all our Alums are gathering at the lake house for utter debauchery.


Hau`oli Lā Hānau ~ Happy (early) Birthday to my M.A.N!! =)

  
And not that I need to purchase anymore clothes, but how cute is this? I would definitely represent with this cute thing..

yes please
And this is why we love AUBURN:)

War Eagle!
***

The intention of this post was to actually share with you about my awesome Monday secret for the last few weeks... Hele au i ka papa 'ōlelo Hawai'i ... I go to Hawaiian Language Class!! I'm learning to speak Hawaiian and I'm so excited to share it with all of you. After my class tonight, I'll prepare a post for tomorrow:)

Do you have big plans for Labor Day weekend? Are you a football fanatic like me? Do you speak another language?  

-----------
If you are a reader and haven't yet followed me via Google Friend Connect located on the top right of my Blog's Sidebar, please do so! Following, Subscribing, or commenting on my Blog is the biggest compliment you can give!


posted under |

2 love notes:

Suz and Allan said... [Reply]

I love this post! Probably one of my favorites. You managed to hit most things Jenn in one post! So excited for Labor Day weekend, football, orange and blue clothes from now until November, etc.

Unknown said... [Reply]

ahhh love this girl ;)

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

This place is all about Jennʻs Adventures: a Maui Girl who has evolved in to the modern day female nomad! Departing from her home in 2005 until the beginning of 2011, only the leave again less than a year later. Follow Jenn's Adventures in life, healthy living, travel, and love. To learn even more about Jennʻs Adventures, read this! Thanks for stopping by, please stay awhile & say ALOHA!

past adventures!



mis·cel·la·ne·ous

[mis-uh-ley-nee-uhs]
–adjective


Fitness Blog
***