Vega Sport Review | Pre-Workout

I am probably, with out a doubt one of the last people to finally try the Vega Sport line by Brendan Brazier. For that reason alone, I will assume you know all about the company already (if not, definitely click here!) and the fact that it is naturally plant-based, vegan, soy-free, gluten-free, and sugar-free (with exceptions).

Back in February the lovely Cristina from Sequel Naturals sent me a goodie box packed with not only the Vega Sport Sampler Pack, but a handful of their lastest Vega One protein packets to test out as well.


My initial review I drafted was WAY to long for one blog post, so instead of hoping readers would grab a drink and hunker down, I decided to divide my review into three parts: Pre-Workout, Sustain, and Recover.

First and foremost when I became a strict raw, vegan, soy-free, gluten-free, and sugar free foodie basically over night, learning about Brendan was a life saver. I have previously been a raw vegan (years ago for several years) however I had flaws in my system including a slightly different motivation resulting in a temporary lifestyle, until now. 

One thing that hasn't changed over the years is my passion to workout, specifically lifting. Pre and post workout has always been particularly important to me, and prior to learning about Vega, I thought it was game over with my restrictions.

Vega Sport offers plant-based products to prepare, sustain, and recover efficiently. I put it to the ultimate test during my Mount Baker Adventure and was so relieved my ballsy risk taking didn't let me down!

Here are my thoughts regarding the Pre-Workout Energizer:

Pre-Workout
I tried the Açai Berry Pre-Workout Energizer (ingredients: Whole grain brown rice syrup, organic palm nectar, natural blackberry, strawberry, raspberry, açai and pomegranate flavors, citric acid, DL-malic acid, organic red beet powder) and really enjoyed the taste. It was great to feel naturally pumped and ready to hike the face of a freshly powdered mountain.

My boyfriend actually replaced his N.O. Xplode with the Lemon-Lime Pre-Workout Energizer (ingredients: Whole grain brown rice syrup, organic palm nectar, natural lemon and lime flavors, organic spinach leaf, citric acid, DL-malic acid, beta carotene) because he likes it so much. He loves the taste, and he loves the effects, which of course makes me ecstatic! I remember N.O. Xplode being very water retentive, resulting in a bloated look and feeling, so this is the perfect alternative for us.

The Vega Sport Pre-Workout Energizer is a pre-workout drink mix sporting a unique blend of 13 synergistic plant-based performance-improving ingredients, such as green tea, yerba mate, coconut oil and rhodiola, which provide immediate and sustained energy, increase endurance, aerobic and anaerobic capacity, and enhance mental focus and recovery.

You'll notice there are 12g of "sugar" but please note this is not your typical white or brown sugar filler. This is the natural occurring, energy-providing ingredients found from the organic sprouted brown rice syrup, which has a high glycemic index (90) entering the bloodstream quickly, and the organic palm nectar, which has a low glycemic index (35), providing slow, steady energy that will not spike or crash.

You'll also notice it's a whopping $49.99 for a 19oz (30 servings) for a tub of the Vega Sport Pre-Workout Energizer. Wooomp, wooomp.

Quality product reflecting an appropriate price no doubt, but I have to encourage you to adventure out to a health food store. Every single random place I've stopped in has offered Vega products on sale, which makes it worth it [to me]. My boyfriend found an amazing deal online (amazon?) so I also encourage googling.

Don't let the sticker shock deter you from trying this product. Pre-Workout Energizers are equally important as Recovering, and I haven't found a better product yet.

Stay tuned for my next Vega Sport review featuring the Sustain products:)



Win over 30,000 in prizes here.

Do you use any sports nutrition products before a hard workout?  
Have you tried or are you planning to try Vega Sport Pre-Workout Energizer?

------------
If you are a reader and haven't yet followed me via Linky Follower located on the top right of my Blog's Sidebar, what are you waiting for?! Now is the time to join the party, and leave me a comment while you're at it--I won't bite!

posted under |

1 love notes:

Suz and Allan said... [Reply]

We've heard good reviews by the bf on this so I can't wait to hear what all you have to say about it!

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

This place is all about Jennʻs Adventures: a Maui Girl who has evolved in to the modern day female nomad! Departing from her home in 2005 until the beginning of 2011, only the leave again less than a year later. Follow Jenn's Adventures in life, healthy living, travel, and love. To learn even more about Jennʻs Adventures, read this! Thanks for stopping by, please stay awhile & say ALOHA!

past adventures!



mis·cel·la·ne·ous

[mis-uh-ley-nee-uhs]
–adjective


Fitness Blog
***