I was tagged by Jen, the author of Miles, Muscles & Mommyhood to do this post -- enjoy!
Here are the rules:
1. Post these rules
2. You must post 11 random things about yourself
3. Answer the questions set for you in their post
4. Create 11 new questions for the people you tag to answer
5. Go to their blog and tell them you’ve tagged them
6. No stuff in the tagging section about you are tagged if you are reading this. You legitimately have to tag 11 people!
11 Random Things About Me:
|Right Click to View Larger|
2. In addition to being a 'hard core carnivore' in my previous life, I was also a 'hard core coffee drinker.' I used to work for two five diamond hotels and my average work day varied from 12-15 hours, six to seven days a week -- so I had a very serious relationship with my beloved java. However, now I am a 'hard core tea lover' since I quit drinking coffee on the spot November 1st, 2011. I prefer naturally caffeine-free teas, but while I am still learning this new area in my nutritional journey, I am open to being adventurous. I favor all green teas, and will always order a Genmai Cha with a splash of almond or coconut milk. Thanks to my bestie, Christina, I was introduced to DAVIDsTEA... and it is safe to say: I'm obsessed. My other favorite is Mighty Leaf Tea -- check these two out if you are interested in trying quality tea!
5. I am obsessed with photography. However, the only camera I have had for the last three years (at least!) is my iPhone, so you wouldn't really know it! I always had a camera growing up, and in intermediate I took a summer photography course. I learned everything I know from that amazing teacher and was able to discover my style. I've been wanting to purchase the Canon 5d Mark ii since it was released -- watch this video to find out why!!
6. In 2008, I bought a 1965 VW Convertible Bug sight unseen. Have I shared this already? Having one of these cars had been a dream of mine for as long as I can remember -- my parents owned several, my Uncle worked on them, one of my Cousins still has hers, and nothing was going to stop me from purchasing this classic. I found her in Chattanooga, TN and arranged a covered-transport to California. The tax in California is RIDIC, and I knew I was moving back to Maui, so I never "legalized" my love bug. I illegally took her for a cruise here and there when my day needed a "pick-me-up" and in 2009, I finally shipped her to Maui... only I was in Huntsville, Alabama at the time! Ironic, right? Only 1.5 hours from where I originally found her! In September 2011, I "legalized" her, ordered personalized plates and less than 30 days later found out I would be moving to Seattle. Refusing to fire-sale her, I shipped her to Seattle... why yes, where we just experienced Snowmageddon 2012! Very thankful she has been in a friends heated garage... It breaks my heart to say this, but I'm almost certain I will be selling her...
Ohhh, and those personal plates? They finally came in.. That's nice.
7. My all-time favorite "celebrity" has always been (and will probably always be) Leonardo DiCaprio. I was obsessed with him in my younger years and as we both grew into adulthood I admired him even more by his professional decisions. Sure, he only seems to date models -- but he's definitely on my list.
Voxer-- if you have a Droid or iPhone, download this app right now! It is soooo much fun!! Voxer allows you to send audio, text, and photo messages to one or more friend at a time instantly. For me, this is especially awesome because now I can keep in touch with my long-distance friends even more--including those international pals! Visit Voxer's website for more info, but if you're familiar with WhatsApp -- it's basically like that app, but with more features!
Jen's Questions And My Answers
You are stranded on a deserted island. Tell me:
1. What are the five foods you would pick to have with you? SoDelicious yogurt... Navitas Trail Mix OR Power Snack... Chocolate Vega Whole Food Health Optimizer... Sol Raiz Maca & I'd forfeit my fifth food for the ability to have & use my VitaMix!!!!
2. What two things would you pick to drink? Water + Herbal Tea
3. What book would you want to have? If I could only have ONE, the Bible
4. You are visited by ONE person for 24 hours only, who is it? ... My M.A.N.!!
5. You can have ONE skill that you do not currently posses? Teleporting
You just won 5 million dollars! Tell me:
6. What is the first thing you do? Tell my family!
7. What is the first thing you buy? A house!
8. Who is the first person you share your winnings with? Family
9. Would you relocate? Where? Actually, just relocated to Seattle!
10. Would you donate to charity? Absolutely
11. You must buy me a gift, what do you get me?? Tri gear!
My 11 Questions:
1. When and Why did you start blogging?
2. Who is your fitness inspiration &/OR what motivates you to workout?
3. Do you prefer working out alone or with someone?
4. Do you read labels at the grocery store?
5. What is your favorite food?
6. What has changed your life or shaped you to who you are today?
7. What was the last thing you tried that was completely new to you?
8. What is one goal you have achieved that you never thought you could?
9. What is your number one goal for 2012?
10. What gets you through or cures a tough day?
11. Share the best piece of advice you could give someone (about life, fitness, blogging, you name it)
Link your 11 Random Things here: