The Complete Maui Chronicles [May 2011]

The Maui Chronicles consist of a week recap of the boyfriend's visit [to Maui] back in May -- to recap the recap, or catch up altogether click the links below:)

E Ku'u Aloha ~ My Love
Aloha Kakahiaka ~ Good Morning!
Hana Part I
Hana Part II
Maui Chronicles Continued
Thirsty Thursday
Last Full Day

I began missing my man before he was gone on our last full day together, which shifted into high gear as the sun set. We leisurely woke up on Saturday morning and lounged around until deciding to have lunch at Star ★ Noodle in Lahaina.

One of my friends was working and brought us a medley of goodness to sample: Pohole SaladHana Fiddle Head Fern, Maui Onion, Ebi, and Kombu, Spicy NamasuCucumber, Daikon, and Carrot and, Star Kim CheeWon Bok Cabbage, Ginger, and Garlic. It was so good... we ate it all!


For our entree, we both ordered the Garlic NoodlesFresh & Fried Garlic, Garlic Oil, Dashi, and Scallions. Normally we share, but we were really hungry, and in all honesty, the Garlic Noodles are ridiculously good and we were feeling a little gluttony!

We both ate half of our noodles so we would have room for dessert. It's tradition to get the MalasadasChocolate and Butterscotch Caramel Sauces, and Peanuts...





It was a fan-freakin'tastic way to start our day of leisure.. all the amazing food we consumed set us into a food-coma, so we headed straight to the beach to take a nap;)  




The afternoon snuck up on us, and the bf wanted to watch the UFC fight from the comforts of home--so we ordered the fight and ordered some Outback to-go...


I ordered my standard Grilled Chicken with Steamed Veggies, and the bf was craving a massive, juicy, bacon cheeseburger. While we waited for our order, we sat at the bar and sipped on some chilled beers. I was still feeling sad knowing that my other half was leaving, now in a matter of hours, but wanted to enjoy the time we had left together with out being a Debbie Downer!

When we got home we ate and watched the fight..


If I remember correctly, the main event was cancelled, but we still enjoyed the fights nonetheless -- how could we not, we were cozy on our couch at home! We continued to hang out until around 9PM when we got ready to leave the house. It takes about an hour to get to the other side of the island where the airport is, and his flight was around 11PM.

When we got to the airport, we parked and walked to the Check-In area where he printed his ticket and we continued over to the Security/TSA entrance to the terminals and gates. I was all clingy, nothing short of hugging the bf's arm as we walked to the line. It was late, so no one was really there--plus our little International airport isn't that big anyway. We said our goodbye's, hugged..and then hugged again, and off he went.


When I took this picture my eyes were full of tears and I was wishing my man wasn't leaving [on a jet plane...]

I want him here! He should be staying--with me!

He went through security, looking back at me often, and gave me a final smile and wave. He blew me a kiss as he went up the escalator and we stared at each other--him smiling, me laugh/crying--until we could no longer see one another..

Ohh the trials and tribulations of long-distance relationships... traveling for love, and inevitably having to say goodbye:(

Are you in a long-distance relationship, or have you ever been in a long-distance relationship?

---------

If you are a reader and haven't yet followed me via Google Friend Connect located on the top right of my Blog's Sidebar, please do so! Following, Subscribing, or commenting on my Blog is the biggest compliment you can give! 


 Love,







posted under |

2 love notes:

Tyly said... [Reply]

I'm so glad you guys had an awesome time together, but I'm sorry he had to go! :( James and I were long distance the entire first year of our relationship, so I know it blows. Hugs!

Suz and Allan said... [Reply]

This reminds me of putting Joe (two bf's before Allan) on the plane as he left for his deployment. Lots of tears and something I will never forget. There's nothing like saying goodbye in an airport.

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

This place is all about Jennʻs Adventures: a Maui Girl who has evolved in to the modern day female nomad! Departing from her home in 2005 until the beginning of 2011, only the leave again less than a year later. Follow Jenn's Adventures in life, healthy living, travel, and love. To learn even more about Jennʻs Adventures, read this! Thanks for stopping by, please stay awhile & say ALOHA!

past adventures!



mis·cel·la·ne·ous

[mis-uh-ley-nee-uhs]
–adjective


Fitness Blog
***