Let's Catch up! (Part II)

As you know from this post I am catching up on everything that has been happening in my world to date... I love recapping because it really is like re-living the fun experiences.

In Part I, I briefly discussed the recent little people in my life, how chocolate cannot get us pregnant, and the excitement I had when I received a Kokua Japan shirt! I concluded with Twitter highlights regarding OBL's death...nothing serious.

I then wrote a special post specifically how we can help the Dixie States, and now it is time to continue  re-living the less serious adventures in the life of Jenn..

Last week Hawai'i celebrated the Merrie Monarch, which is a non-profit organization honoring the legacy left by King David Kalākaua, who inspired the perpetuation of Hawaiian traditions, native language and the arts. This annual event is a week long festival featuring internationally acclaimed hula competition, a crafts fair, an art show, hula shows, and a grand parade through our small Hilo town on the Big Island of Hawai'i.

"Hula is the language of the heart, therefore the heartbeat of the Hawaiian people." ~ King David Kalākaua

Preparing for the Merrie Monarch is an intense process, as the hālau perfects their dances and costumes for competition.

My fabulous wahines from Maui, Hawai'i: Hālau Ke‘alaokamaile, with the amazing Kumu: Keali'i Reichel took it home [again] for Wahine Overall. These beautiful ladies won last year as well, and work HARD!

I have a handful of friends in this Hālau, here are some fun photos for all of us to enjoy:)

2011 Merrie Monarch Wahine Overall Winners!
Fun crowd;)
Gorgeous!
Close up!




CheeeeeeeeeeeeeeHuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!!! I am so proud of my friends, and I cannot hardly wait until next year. Maybe I'll even get to witness this phenomenal cultural experience in person...

***

PS: Another one of my friends just gave birth this morning at 5:35AM... Everyone, I would like to introduce you to Brayden:)

Born May 5th, 2011 @ 5:35AM | 7lbs 1oz 19in  
PSS: Check out this great post from my new friend Carl over at Coastlines & Tan Lines writing about my ALL TIME FAVORITE beer; Hinano!! If you haven't tried one yet, you will want to after reading this descriptive post!

Today is also a few of my friends birthday's, and of course Cinco de Mayo! Have a great Thursday everyone:) ..CHEERS!





0 love notes:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

This place is all about Jennʻs Adventures: a Maui Girl who has evolved in to the modern day female nomad! Departing from her home in 2005 until the beginning of 2011, only the leave again less than a year later. Follow Jenn's Adventures in life, healthy living, travel, and love. To learn even more about Jennʻs Adventures, read this! Thanks for stopping by, please stay awhile & say ALOHA!

past adventures!



mis·cel·la·ne·ous

[mis-uh-ley-nee-uhs]
–adjective


Fitness Blog
***