Let's Catch up! (Part I)

I've been so busy lately, I feel as though I've left you in the dust by not including you all on the awesomeness play-by-play. I prefer to be all detailed when sharing current events, but sometimes that longwinded tendency takes away from keeping you up to speed in a timely matter--so how about a recap? What's been going on?

LIFE.. That's what's going on! Three of my closest friends have newborns sleeping, eating, and pooping--and Auntie JenJen couldn't be HAPPIER!! After about a six year hiatus, I have finally returned home and talk about perfect timing! 

As you all know from this post we welcomed Mahkaya Kahiau on March 13th, 2011, at 12:49AM... 

Born March 13th, 2011 @ 12:49AM | 6lbs 14oz 20in
Seven weeks later, now look at Braddah!

7 weeks | still sleepin' ;)

On April 21st, 2011, at 5:58PM we welcomed Ezekiel Namakaonalehuaokona...

Born April 21st, 2011 @ 5:58PM | 9lbs 3oz 12in
Ten days later, he's chillin' at the beach!

Day 10 | Tough Life!
And on April 28th, 2011, at 10:30AM we welcomed Hi'ilei Kapikoahieamaianamoakapo

Born on April 28th, 2011, @ 10:30AM | 7lbs 8oz 21.5in
Mommy and Baby Hi'ilei are home now, and I got to visit with them yesterday... Super mellow! Mommy and Daddy are beyond cute as the realization soaks in deeper; it's amazing how being a [new] Parent changes you..

2 Days Old..
I am such a proud Auntie.. Thank you all for putting up with my bragging--these Keiki (children) are my JOY:) There are a few more Mama friends who are about due, too... looking forward to meeting their bundles of joys, as well!

Since so many of my friends have kids, I am tallying how many times I am asked when I am next. Just today it came up about three times. Let's just say I'm drinking bottled water around these parts!! There has been an epidemic of friends getting engaged, married, or having babies, all of which I believe to be years away from!


***

In other news, I finally got one of those Kokua Japan shirts!!

Ahola?!
Hmm, let's try this again!

Aloha!
Someone whipped up this shirt design literally 24 hours after the catastrophe and it went viral. It's been nearly impossible (on Maui anyway) to get your hands on these hot shirts, as hundreds have spearheaded small and large events to directly Kokua (help) Japan and all the money is to help those who were affected. The money we donated will assist a friends family in organizing a traditional funeral.

***

And in real news, I'm sure you've heard (unless you're living under a rock --hmm, bad example!) Osama Bin Laden has been killed. I found out through the bf via text message while driving to pick my Mom up from work. As I waited for her to meet me, I scanned through Twitter and here are my favorite highlights: 

Oops!







I'm not sure if OBL's death actually changes anything, but I'm pretty sure a lot of families affected by 9/11 finally received some closure... I for one would appreciate some proof, and find it hard to believe I'm the only skeptical American who is interested in the proof of things (I.E. birth certificate; just sayin'). Regardless of our potential differences of opinions, let's remember what Althea Gibson said: "No matter what accomplishments you make, somebody helped you." And this by all means is not Obama's victory.

A personal favorite, particularly to close out this topic and to chew on, "Just 'cause you got the monkey off your back doesn't mean the circus has left town." ~George Carlin

HAPPY MONDAY EVERYONE!





posted under |

0 love notes:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

This place is all about Jennʻs Adventures: a Maui Girl who has evolved in to the modern day female nomad! Departing from her home in 2005 until the beginning of 2011, only the leave again less than a year later. Follow Jenn's Adventures in life, healthy living, travel, and love. To learn even more about Jennʻs Adventures, read this! Thanks for stopping by, please stay awhile & say ALOHA!

past adventures!



mis·cel·la·ne·ous

[mis-uh-ley-nee-uhs]
–adjective


Fitness Blog
***