Food Fest Friday!

I know this post is late, but I HAD to post it! Friday has been such a food debacle! A day completely dedicated to great friends and good food!


My day started out early, around 6AM with a giant hot cup of coffee to jump start my day. It worked, and by 7:30AM I was standing in line at one of my favorite spots for breakfast... 

Even at 7:30AM it was too hot for sweatpants..
I was craving one of my standard choices... Portuguese Sausage and Cheese omelette... There's nothing better than waking up and having eggs, rice, and portuguese sausage.. Mmm Local Favorite:) 
  

Rice... one of my many vices! 
Speaking of rice...  

1/2 order of the fried rice.... soo yummy!
I didn't eat any, but there is plenty left over, and I'm thinking about demolishing it after paddling practice. I'm pretty excited. 

After breakfast I went back to work and focused on getting ahead on next weeks tasks. I got quite a few things completed before noon, and then met up with family friends for lunch--at one of my very favorite lunch spots... 


Kalbi Ribs - Mini Plate
I love eating here, and seriously get the same thing every time... pictured above. They are now open for breakfast, too -- if you go and find yourself unsure of what to get, order the paniolo:)

After lunch I was almost useless, wanting a nap.. I had another cup of coffee and was all sorts of productive... kind of. 

I wasn't even hungry while getting ready for dinner... all I could think about was how much food I've had today... Not only do I not usually consume this much food in one day, I almost never eat out more than once in a day, let alone breakfast, lunch, and dinner!

Our friends wanted to go to... 

Cheeseburger in Paradise

Upcountry Salad w/cheeseburger on top
I also ordered this giant mojito (swapped rum for grey goose) in a glass I got to keep (score) but by the time I realized I hadn't taken a picture of it, it wasn't worth it--almost like that sad half eaten salad up there. 

[side bar] How bad is it that all I could think about was Island Froyo while walking back to our car? Yikes!

In other news, the bf will be here in a matter of hours... 

honi honi
I am BEYOND excited...if the 21st really was the end of the world--it'd be ok--because we'd be together:)

  

 

posted under |

1 love notes:

Vanessa @ Gourmet Runner said... [Reply]

So excited for you to see the BF!
Man you're making me miss some local food, I haven't had portuguese sausage in maybe 5 years? Craziness!
:)

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

This place is all about Jennʻs Adventures: a Maui Girl who has evolved in to the modern day female nomad! Departing from her home in 2005 until the beginning of 2011, only the leave again less than a year later. Follow Jenn's Adventures in life, healthy living, travel, and love. To learn even more about Jennʻs Adventures, read this! Thanks for stopping by, please stay awhile & say ALOHA!

past adventures!



mis·cel·la·ne·ous

[mis-uh-ley-nee-uhs]
–adjective


Fitness Blog
***