Fall Trips

The bf and I have had a lot of fun trips together, which is one of the main reasons I started this blog! My very first Fall in God's Country was in beeeeautiful Auburn ~ 2009. The bf, his bff, and I went to a local Pumpkin Patch and had a blast! Pumpkins for days, and a ridiculously fun corn maze!


We lived in a house full of college guys and I remember making a night out of it, carving jack-o-lanterns and attempting to save all the seeds to bake... Mmm, my favorite part!

For Thanksgiving that year we went up to visit the bf's Dad's side of the family in Tennessee. We road tripped it with his Mom and Dad from Birmingham, mingled, ate way too much awesome food, then trucked it back down to Birmingham.

For Christmas we all hopped back in the truck and road tripped it from Birmingham, Alabama to Huntsville, Ontario, Canada to visit the bf's sister and her family.


If I'm remembering correctly we stopped in Ohio overnight, and continued bright and early the next day. To this day I cannot believe how much snow was in that cute little town. The roads were literally packed with mounds of crunchy, icy, hurts-it's-so-cold snow!! As much as I love being a snow bunny, I'm innately a beach bunny!

  
Last Fall we were in Huntsville, Alabama, and I don't remember going to a Pumpkin Patch! I'm almost positive we scored our pumpkins at Fresh Market or Walmart. We went over to our friends Allan & Suz house for a Pumpkin Carving Party -- It was BEYOND fun, and I'm sure I have some hilarious photos and videos around here somewhere.

One weekend we got abnormally adventurous and visited Huntsville's Jewel on the Mountain.. Also known as Burritt on the Mountain - I wrote a post about it here and included some fun photos..

For Thanksgiving we decided to do something completely different and escaped to the very beautiful Myrtle Beach, South Carolina. You can (and should!) read about this amazing trip here:

Weekend of Thanks
Happy Hours in MB
Indo Thai Sushi Hibachi
Rioz Brazilian Steakhouse

For Christmas and New Years Eve (2010), we found ourselves in Hawai'i again, and as you all know or have guessed, I stayed and the boyfriend had to go back to Alabama. It has been very difficult being a part from each other, but we are holding it together. In fact one of the main things we have done is plan fun trips to avoid going too long with out seeing one another in person.

I surprised the boyfriend over Labor Day weekend for his birthday (which I plan on sharing about in detail next week once this Fall Blog Challenge is finished) so we don't have anything planned until December/January. I may or may not be traveling inter-island between now and then... those trips are rarely planned:)

What are your Fall Travel plans?

-------

Link Up!
Catch up on the Fabulous Fall Blog Challenge by reading:

[day 1] Fall Traditions
[day 2] Fall Fashion
[day 3] Halloween Tradition
[day 4] Fall Decor
[day 5] Falls Fabulousness
[day 6] Fall TV
[day 7] Fall Recipes

------------
If you are a reader and haven't yet followed me via Google Friend Connect located on the top right of my Blog's Sidebar, please do so! Following, Subscribing, or commenting on my Blog is the biggest compliment you can give!


posted under |

6 love notes:

Vanessa @ Gourmet Runner said... [Reply]

This is going to be my first real fall in a while, so I am excited to stay here and enjoy it! No trips coming up for a while, but maybe Miami in December for a race, which will be fantastic!

Anonymous said... [Reply]

Love your blog!! And I must add... WAR EAGLE! :)

Molly S. said... [Reply]

Wowza you are a traveling woman!! Wish I could go somewhere fabulous this fall!!

Vanessa said... [Reply]

As you already know, I had a FABULOUS trip all planned out this Thanksgiving (SFO, LAS, and SAN!) for 2 whole fabulous weeks!

I loooooove traveling (and no, I don't mind airports!) so now I'm super-dee-duper excited to get my fabulous vacay in for next year =)

Suz and Allan said... [Reply]

If Allan were ever at home WE might travel. Allan, however, will be spending most of the fall in the lovely state of NM!

Courtney said... [Reply]

i really want to go to savannah this fall. although asheville is beautiful this time of year!

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

This place is all about Jennʻs Adventures: a Maui Girl who has evolved in to the modern day female nomad! Departing from her home in 2005 until the beginning of 2011, only the leave again less than a year later. Follow Jenn's Adventures in life, healthy living, travel, and love. To learn even more about Jennʻs Adventures, read this! Thanks for stopping by, please stay awhile & say ALOHA!

past adventures!



mis·cel·la·ne·ous

[mis-uh-ley-nee-uhs]
–adjective


Fitness Blog
***