Jen and I have been Twitter friends for awhile now, and her personality really makes me laugh! She's "a Mom of two bratty teens" (Lord help her!) and is all around AWESOME:) Check out her awesome blog, and follow her on twitter!
Jen, you are one of the sweetest online friends I have, and I thank you very much for thinking of me, and awarding me this awesome Stylish Blogger Award:)
To keep with the tradition, and Pay It Forward aspect of this awesome award, I will now pass it on to 15 other brilliant bloggers...who I hope will do the same!
There are four things we have to do to accept this award:
- Thank and link back to the person who awarded you this awesome award. [Check!]
- Share 7 things about yourself. [Check!]
- Award 15 recently discovered great bloggers. [Check!]
- Contact these bloggers and tell them about their award! [Check!]
Seven random fun facts about [ME]!
1. When I say I’m going to do something – I do it. Our word is all we have; saying one thing and doing another shows a lot about your character. My biggest pet peeve is when people say they’re going to do something AND THEY DON’T.
2. I have astigmatism and wear glasses sometimes – usually if I’ve been on the computer too long, driving at night or because I feel like it.
3. I LOVE learning and never want to stop. I believe knowledge is power and use it to my advantage when necessary - When’s the last time you learned something when your mouth was moving?
4. I equally enjoy camping at the beach or in the mountains as I do checking into a Ritz or St. Regis.
5. I keep all my charge receipts – I’ve got a spending journal dated back to ’05! The receipts are ALL American Express, unless Debit/Credit. (American Express is the ONLY credit card I have….although I have about five!)
6. It’s a RARE occasion I give second chances. I suggest doing things right the first time; however, we are all human, so almost against my will I have given second chances – all of which ended up being life lessons.
7. I’m a VERY secretive person. The fact that I have a blog surprises people in my life (if they know about it) including myself.
[BONUS] I’m the most RANDOM individual you will ever meet. ..I could easily fill out 7 more random things about myself!
I'm pretty new to the Blogosphere, so the hardest part for me of accepting this wonderful award was finding 15 awesome bloggers who didn't already have this award. With that being said, a lot of thought and research went out in finding these Bloggers, and I especially hope you check them out and become friends with them!
1. Pretty All True ~ Kris is freakin' hilarious and her writing is brilliant. I'm [still] trying to find the very first post I read--because she had me at hello. Kris writes about her family, and her life as she sees it..to the best of her recollection!
2. Island Style Running ~ Vanessa and I have been friends since we were eight years old, and have remained great friends through thousands of miles and even years apart separating us. I'm so glad she blogs, and I've found amazing Bloggers through her network.
3. Cows & Lasers ~ Suzanne is one of my sweet friends from Alabama. When I found out she blogged, I'm almost certain she heard my joyful scream all the way in Madison County!
4. Unreal Hawaii ~ I'm not sure how I ran across this blog, but I'm so glad I did. David Chatsuthiphan is a brilliant photographer and goes on these amazing hikes on O'ahu. I'd be lying if I said I didn't stalk his blog and live vicariously through his photos..
5. Travel For Love ~ Laura and I have been Twitter buddies for awhile, and her story struck a chord. She's in a long distance relationship with Roberto who is in Brazil and they travel to meet each other--they travel for love. Being back in Hawai'i, with the bf still in Alabama--these two are great inspiration!
6. Team Giles ~ Lauren is a new blogger friend of mine who started blogging pre-wedding and never stopped! She writes quality posts I thoroughly enjoy reading!
7. Gourmet Runner ~ Vanessa is awesome and so much fun to blog with! She's a certified personal trainer with an interesting life I love reading about! She used to live in Hawai'i, and Hong Kong, and now lives in Georgia. If I was still in Alabama, I'm pretty sure we'd be friends in real life:)
8. Still Unwritten ~ Alissa is a new blogger friend of mine as well, and lives in Arizona! Her "About" section is very touching, and I love to read her blog posts.
9. Eat. Pray. Run. ~ Beautiful blog! Love everything about Cara's blog--and we have so much in common. Go catch up on food, faith, and fitness!
10. Dashing In Pearls ~ Tara recently revamped her Blog and it is absolutely beautiful! Tara has a great personality, and has also become a sweet blogger friend. Dashing in Pearls is the chronicles of Tara's adventures, love, cupcakes, and running--all while wearing pearls of course!
11. Endurance Isn't Only Physical ~ Tricia is such an inspiration. Stop what you're doing and go to her blog because she is AMAZING! I love reading her posts (I'm still catch up) and tweeting with her!
12. Heather's Dish ~ Everything about Heather's blog is stylish; her writing, her pictures, recipes, and inspiration. She recently wrote about Maui's best kept secret (The Gazebo) and just I love it when people talk (boast) about my Island home, Maui!
13. Clean Eating Chelsey ~ Chelsey knows I stalk her blog--I can't help it. I love everything about it. All you have to do is read ONE post and you'll be hooked. Chels is a newlywed, vegetarian, gluten-free gal who loves oatmeal, peanut butter, and all things topped with ketchup or cinnamon = awesome!
14. Daily Vitamin F ~ Kiley was one of the very first blogs I followed--I love all her posts and really appreciate the work-outs she shares. Fitness, food, and fun; what (more) is there? Actually--there is MORE! Kiley is hosting a fabulous giveaway! You should definitely check it out:)
15. Today's Letters ~ A truly stylish blog, and awesome quality posts--I love everything about this blog. Especially Fist Pump Fridays:)
There you have it! Thanks again Jen, for thinking of me! I hope you all take the time to check these awesome bloggers out! I would love to follow more blogs, too, so if you want, recommend me some bloggers in the comments!
Have a great rest of the week!