Friends of the Foot

[Day Five - Your Favorite Band]
I think it was around 2003, when my sweet cousin introduced me to these amazingly talented, humbled, and blessed men of Switchfoot. For me, they will always be my favorite band, and it all started with the Beautiful Letdown, then Nothing is Sound, Oh! Gravity, and most recently Hello Hurricane... But let's not forget where it really started with their older [uh-mazing] albums, Lengend of Chin, New Way to be Human, and Learning to Breathe...

There sound never gets old, and always get's me moving. I lift/workout listening to their Nothing is Sound album and the track-list lineup is perfect for reps and breaks or tempo changes and pick-me-ups. Genius. I have so many great memories that each songs triggers, and I am so very thankful for the time I lived in California to have been as involved as I was.   
The band members include Jon Foreman, Tim Foreman, Chad Butler, Jerome Fontamilias, and Drew Shirley. You can track more of their success here and check out Jon's solo work here.

The name Switchfoot is a surfing term, and growing up on the sandy beaches of San Diego these boys all love to surf. What's cool is their music is much like the term Switchfoot (how appropriate)... change.. movement.. approaching life and music the same way. Awesome:)

June 18th, 2011 ~ Moonlight Beach in Encinitas, California
Every year the guys host the Bro-Am Surf Contest and every year my brother and I go. It is a PHENOMENAL event to participate in, and I am going to try to make it this year, even though I'm back on Maui and have no intentions of ever leaving again... Watch this video to learn more about the Bro-Am and why you should love it so much... 



San Diego is a close-knit community, much like Maui is, and this event draws a lot of people for the greater good. If you find yourself in the neighborhood you should definitely check it out, it's a free event and you won't be disappointed. Get more information by visiting their website for updates, and spread the good news!






posted under |

0 love notes:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

This place is all about Jennʻs Adventures: a Maui Girl who has evolved in to the modern day female nomad! Departing from her home in 2005 until the beginning of 2011, only the leave again less than a year later. Follow Jenn's Adventures in life, healthy living, travel, and love. To learn even more about Jennʻs Adventures, read this! Thanks for stopping by, please stay awhile & say ALOHA!

past adventures!



mis·cel·la·ne·ous

[mis-uh-ley-nee-uhs]
–adjective


Fitness Blog
***